JEFF WHITE ALOHA AWARD
2022 Award Recipient : Wayne Rich
CHRIS BROWN ETERNAL STOKE AWARD
2022 Award Recipient : Connor & Parker Coffin
2022 RINCON CLASSIC
Welcome to the 2022 Channel Islands Surfboards Rincon Classic. After a year hiatus from the in person event, we are excited to be bringing the Rincon Classic back to the fabled cobblestones of Rincon Point this winter for the 40th anniversary event, the 22nd annual produced by Surf Happens. The Rincon Classic is one of the oldest and most revered events in California’s rich surfing heritage and is open to area (805) Santa Barbara and Ventura county residents only. The 30 day registration window is open from 12am on December 1, through 5pm on December 31, 2021 with all registrations being prioritized by primary residence in proximity to Rincon with first priority going to Carpinteria, Santa Barbara, Ojai, Ventura and Goleta residents and further into the 805 space allowing.
When I think of the Rincon Classic, I think of all of the incredible surfers that have perfected their form and made their mark on the long walls of Rincon Point through their youths and as they follow their paths in life. From current and former CT surfers to the new division of the Grand Legends ( 65+) and the youngest division, the U12 Gremlins, the Rincon Classic links generations of surfers and brings us together on the weekend of the winter to talk story, showcase level, and gather as a community to celebrate our local surfing heritage. There is nothing that feels quite as amazing as the speed and beauty of catching a good wave at Rincon, but watching friends and family experience that same feeling while pushing the envelope of their own surfing level is a close second. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon! – Chris Keet, Contest Director
New to the Classic in 2022
- Live webcast with commentary and computer scoring
- The VISSLA Expression Session featuring 8 invitees riding on alternative equiment from CI Mid’s to Twin Fins, and beyond.
- Grand Legends division 65+ ( only 6 spots)
Returning to the Classic In 2022
- Rincon Brewery Professional Division
- King Of The Queen: Battle Of The Local Surf Shops
- Hydroflask ” Be Green To The Queen” daily beach clean ups
- 7th annual Rincon Classic Video Contest
- Rincon Classic Raffle featuring over $10K in amazing prizes
- The Padaro Grill Classic Sunday Awards Ceremony presented by Onda
RC21 CLASSIC RIDE VIDEO CONTEST
With the official postponement of the in person 2021 Channel Islands Surfboards Rincon Classic produced by Surf Happens to the 2022 year we are excited to announce the RC21 Classic Ride video contest (wave of the season) that is open to all 805 residents to crown per division champions for 2021. Submission dates will be December 1 2020 – March 1, 2021 and will be categorized based on the divisions generally offered at the Classic. Submissions will be voted on based on quality of wave, level of surfing, variety, style, flow, and commitment, everything that would classify it as a truly ” Classic Ride”.
Overall Wave Of The Season Goes To Vela Mattive!
Classic Ride RC 21 Video Contest Rules
- All videos must include athlete name, age, and division, and filmer
- No more than 5 submissions of any one athlete may be submitted during the three month window.
- Only one wave per edit.
- Must be from Rincon.
- Winners and filmer will receive tons of prizes and free entry into the 2022 event along with being entered into a raffle for a lifetime of free entry into the Classic and invitation to the
- Expression Session!
Gremlin’s U 12
Boys 13-14 Juniors 15-17
Mens 18 +
Grand Masters 45-54
Longboard ( All Ages)
Wahines ( Girls 17 & under)
Womens ( 18 plus)
Rincon Brewery Pro Division (must be current or former pro)